Admission to Verla’s exhibitions is free during the summer.

The bale warehouse 

The bale warehouse, where bales of cardboard were stored, currently serves as a space for temporary exhibitions. 

The bowling pavilion 

The mill owner Gottlieb Kreidl constructed a bowling alley in the park. At the far end stood a second octagonal pavilion, matching the pavilion that is still present today. Now, visitors can enjoy a cup of coffee in the pavilion, and a small photo exhibition hangs on its walls.

The fire equipment shed

The fire equipment shed, built around 1890, is a small, windowless, hexagonal structure. The mill had its own fire-fighting team, and its operations are described in the exhibition in the fire equipment shed.

The frame saw 

Verla’s frame saw was used to cut lumber for the needs of the mill and the village. Currently the frame saw serves as an exhibition space and houses the Verla – Part of the Mäntyharju Waterway Log Drive exhibition.

The log flume machine room and rails 

The log flume’s machine room was used until the beginning of the 1960s when the Verla Mill transitioned from driving individual logs to floating bundles of logs. The log bundles were pulled in carts along rails from the upper stream to Vähä-Kamponen Lake, beneath the mill. Currently, the building houses a part of the “Verla — Part of the Mäntyharju waterway log drive” exhibition. 

The Lippu Cottage 

The so-called Lippu Cottage is one of the oldest buildings in the area. It was named after the first settlers in Verla, the Lippu family. According to tradition, the cottage was a border guard’s hut from the mid-18th century. From 1743 to 1809 the border between Swedish Finland and Russia followed the Mäntyharju waterway branch of the Kymi River that flows through Verla. However, it is not known for certain when or from whom the building was transferred to Verla. An exhibition about workers’ housing can be found in the cottage during the summer.

Your order
If there is an active order you can find it here.